We want to convey to our students the feeling and peculiarities of the Argentine Tango. It is an incredibly valuable experience in total fusion with another person and at the same time floating
with music across the floor. When learning tango, it is also important to us that we have fun together and spend a nice time together.
It is perfectly clear to us that every person sets his own goals when he or she wants to learn something. Many students come simply to spend time together with their partner, others want to learn the Tango Argentino down to the smallest detail and intensively, others want to develop their dance skills, and the Tango Argentino is just one facet of their passion for dancing.
To learn Tango Argentino there are several basic principles:
1. The technique. How does leading in tango and how to lead or accompany. How do you set impulses and how does the other person perceive the impulses. Which posture is the most beneficial. How do I move with my partner? How to set your foot and where in the body there is tension and relaxation. Learning communication and connection is the basis for the common dancing.
2. The hug = El Abrazo. The embrace in tango is not just technique. The embrace also connects you emotionally with your partner. Every embrace is another meeting with another human being.
3. The common running = La Caminata. In Tango you are always in motion. Running in the "Ronda" (on the dance floor in a circle) is one of the most important principles of every milonga. Tango is a dance that you dance together with other people in limited space and in a community. Many couples move on the dance floor at the same time. All take care of each other.
4. The musicality. Of course, we move to the music while dancing. Every movement you make in tango should be in harmony with the music. On the one hand, the music is technically interpreted in its structure, but of course - and above all - emotionally.
5. Steps / Figures: All steps and figures that you learn in Tango are relative. They are flexible, not fixed, can be combined with each other and, above all, do not follow any fixed procedures. If you study the basic principles 1 - 4 intensively and get involved with them, it makes your own tango more valuable and individual. Memorizing procedures does not do Tango justice and is too monotonous.
Tango Argentino is a couple dance. What does it mean to dance in a couple? It's dancing together. What does it mean to dance together? We will contact the partner. Connection is only possible through body tension. When body tension is present, one interprets the structure and the emotion in the music together in the pair.
Everybody has their own tango, which we try to wake up ;-)
Tango lessons with heart and love for you!